Skip to main content

FG begins shortlisting candidates for 500,000 jobs – Lai Mohammed

The Federal Government has commenced shortlisting candidates for the 500,000 jobs it promised.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, disclosed
this on Wednesday in Abuja  when a delegation of the National Council for Women’s Societies (NCWS) paid him a courtesy visit in his office.
Mohammed said that applications were being received and government had started processing them for the recruitment.
“The process for the recruitment has started.
“About 1.2 million people applied and they classified them into categories including agriculture support officers, teachers, technical officers and so on,’’ he said.
The minister also said that the payment of N5,000 conditional cash transfer promised by the government would begin before the end of the month.
He said the Minister of Finance, Dr Kemi Adeosun had earlier announced this.
Mohammed reiterated the commitment of the government to improving the well-being and standard of living of the citizens.
“We are very concerned about the welfare of Nigerians and we are not sleeping; we are working day and night to ensure that the country retraces its step.
“Many of our critics have been unfair to us because many of them know that we did not invent the problems we are facing today.
“ This is time to join hands together to support the government to move the nation forward,’’ he said.
The National President of NCWS, Mrs Gloria Shoda, expressed the confidence in the resolve of the government to implement programmes for the advancement of girls and women in the society.
She drew the attention of government to its promise of providing free maternal and children health care and implementation of the National Gender Policy.
Shoda also appealed to government to consider scholarship for girls pursuing medical courses in the universities to address maternal and child mortality.

DROP YOUR COMMENTS BELOW

Comments

Follow Us

WHAT'S HOT

How To Connect Android or iOS Phone To Windows 10

The  Continue on PC  feature is currently available to Windows Insiders, but it’ll arrive for regular users once the update starts landing on their PCs. If you’re running an Insider build, you can use the steps mentioned in this post to connect your phone to Windows 10 PC.

Former Google Engineer Has Started Creating An “AI God”

The above paragraph sounds like a pretty interesting profile for a techie. Well, hold your horses, things are going to get a lot more exciting.

Microsoft Edge Web Browser Launched For iOS And Android — Download Here

Edge web browser for iOS and Android are initially launched in beta. With this release, the company wishes to bring a Windows 10-like browsing experience to the mobile devices as well.

Mozilla Set To End Firefox Support For Windows XP And Vista By June 2018

Firefox 52 was the last release to ship with full-fledged support for XP and Vista. Since March 2017, users of these operating systems are able to only use Firefox ESR (Extended Support